Thursday, November 5, 2009

Home Sweet Brooklyn.

We found it! We found it! The perfect place to make our home. With that said, it's hard to make an apartment feel like home without investing a lot of time and money into it. The key is to refresh the things you have, while adding flea market finds, the random Ikea and Pearl River Mart elements, and LOTS of paint. While paint can be expensive, it is certainly the cheapest way to completely re-vamp a flat space and make it your own...

BEFORE:
The key was to take advantage of the amazing lighting and high ceilings, while creating separate spaces within the large living area...This was done (without too much calculation) by creating defined living, dining, kitchen, and hallway spaces with furniture and paint...
AFTER:





The living room walls are painted with Eucalyptus Leaf and the hallway and kitchen walls are
painted with Orange Spice.





I'd say the apartment is about 90% done. It is the perfect place to have anything from a small dinner party to a rager, but my favorite thing to do is to sit on my couch with a cup of coffee on Sunday morning, with the sun shining through all SIX windows, and watch the train roll through to Manhattan...

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful living space! I happened upon your blog after editing my own and I'm glad I did. Lots of great design inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete