Monday, November 16, 2009

Music Inspiration.

On Friday [the 13th] I went to one of the most stimulating shows of my life: Bassnectar. I have been to countless concerts and festivals in my day, but nothing quite compared to the beats of this DJ, Lorin Ashton. The multi-faceted sounds, the flow, and the music samples he uses --from The Pixies and Smashing Pumpkins to Hip-Hop-- are so well put together it's outrageous. When you aren't moving you are staring in awe at the video show behind and Lorin's waterfall of hair. Afterwards a few of my friends and I had the opportunity to meet the whole crew in the "Greenroom" only to find that their kindness matched the talent...sadly I don't have the opportunity to hop on the last leg of their tour like some of my freelancing friends (boo 9-5's)...wubwubwub. Please do yourself a favor and take part in this musical revolution. Learn More: http://www.bassnectar.net/

If music be the food of love, play on. -Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment